Sunday, December 4, 2011

Crash


We have a short term foster, named Crash. He is such a soft snuggle bug and had no idea what it meant to be in a house, it seems. He's a little scared to come inside and happier to be in his crate than anything, but hopefully we can convince him otherwise soon.

It's an extremely busy time of year for me at work and I had just had a discussion with my husband this morning about fostering and that it was probably best if I didn't foster any more until after the holidays, after I found out that the two that I had committed to had been adopt. However, we went to volunteer and Crash was there, in a pen with adult dogs and he really needed some time away from the big dogs. I was told that he had someone coming to get him on the 12th and I couldn't really say no, could I?

Well, my husband is normally really good about who I am and what I do, but today not so much since we'd just had that discussion. I do understand the frustration. I do. However, when I see an animal that needs me, I do have a really hard time saying no.

So to him and all of the others that ask "Why you? Why not someone else? Why can't you just let someone else do it?" I say this...

“We do what we do, because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.” ― Neil Gaiman
♥ We do what we do because we believe. Because if we didn't, there's no guarantee that someone else will. We do what we do because it is important to us. It is who we are. This is for all of the people (including my husband) that ask "Why you? Why do you have to be the one? Why not someone else?" To all of the rescuers, fosters, adopters, animal advocates out there, thank you for being who you are and doing what you do, even when it's not always easy, cheap and there's not enough time in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment